I have teamed up with Dr. Joe Camoratto to address many myths that we and our patients have encountered in the rehab industry.
These myths are some of the most common beliefs in rehab. Much of what the industry “knows” is not what evidence backs up today.
We will be covering the following myths and what the truth is according to what evidence points us to now:
- “Stretching Prevents Injury”
- “Foam Rolling Breaks up Fascia”
- “Pain Equals Damage”
- “Your Back Pain Is Caused by Your Rotated Hips”
- “Running Is Bad for Your Knees”
- “Rest Is Good for Your Pain”
- “Your Shoes Are the Issue”
- “CrossFit Is Dangerous”
- “Stretching Makes Your Muscles Longer”
- “Surgery Will Fix My Chronic Pain”
- “Your IT Band Is Tight”
- “You Have the Back of an 80-Year-Old”
- “Trigger Points Are Causing Your Pain”
- “Lifting Weights Is Bad for Your Child”
- “The More Sore You Are the Better”
- “Deadlifting Is Dangerous”
- “Your Posture Is Causing Your Pain”
- “Your Glutes Are Turned Off”
- “You Can Speed up Natural Recovery”
- “Your Spine Is out of Alignment”
- “Your Weak Core Is Causing Your Back Pain”
- “You Have Bad Posture”
- “Squatting Is Bad for Your Knees”
- “Surgery Is My Only Option”
- “Valsalva Is Dangerous and Should Be Avoided”
- “Knees Have to Be Behind Toes in the Squat”
- “Movement Screens Are Valid Injury Predictors”
- “You Are Sleeping Wrong”
- “Sitting Is the New Smoking”
Have you ever heard any one of these myths? Be sure to read what we have to say about each by clicking on the myths listed above, as they are released.
Think you have been told another myth not covered? Get in touch with me today to learn the truth or comment below and we will address it.
The Movement Dr. is here to educate, empower, create independence and resilience so that you can “ReThink Your Rehab” and outwork everyone!