Pensacola is located in Northwest Florida, near the border of Alabama. The area thought of when saying Pensacola is much broader than Pensacola city limits and includes areas like Gulf Breeze, Perdido, Warrington, Pensacola Beach, and more.
The beautiful emerald waters and white sand of Pensacola Beach are what attract many of the tourists each year. Not mention the beach is loaded with fantastic restaurants and bars to eat at and have fun with direct beach or sound side access. The beach by the Pier is usually more bustling with beach-goers, just further down the beach you can bring the dogs out to enjoy the water at the dog beach, and off the Avenidas, those looking to enjoy a book quietly by the crashing waves lay out their towels and chairs.
Pensacola is home to the Naval Air Station Pensacola where naval pilots learn how to fly and is also home to the famous Blue Angels, which hosts a largely attended air show on Pensacola Beach every summer.
Downtown Pensacola is also a host of amazing restaurants for all taste buds and cultural venues. The Blue Wahoos Stadium is right on the Bay at the end of the main road, Palafox, in Downtown Pensacola. It’s a beautiful park to catch a baseball game with great views of the water.
There are a few other Pensacola musts we have to mention you should go to or give a try:
- Taqueria El Asador– They were actually voted to have some of the best tacos in the country, in our opinion they are the best.
- Joe Patti’s Seafood Market– They are famous for their high-quality fresh seafood!
- McGuire’s Irish Pub– An irish pub is certainly what it is but it is a great experience with even better food. They are well-known for their brews and steak.
- Naval Aviation Museum– It is one of the most visited museums in Florida and has many restored aircraft that you can view and climb in to experience the view of pilots throughout history.
- Pensacola Lighthouse– You can climb extremely high in this historic lighthouse and get an amazing breathtaking view.
There is so much to do in Pensacola, so be sure to check out some local resources and reviews for recommendations on places to visit or try!